Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Scarlet Cord Friday Night Update


I am posting the Friday night update from Scarlet Cord in Portland. This is the non-profit ministry organization I co-founded this year, focused on prostituted women in NE Portland. Although I am not currently able to be physically present in Scarlet Cord Friday nights, I am still very much a part of the behind the scenes stuff. The work and heart of Scarlet Cord remain very important to me, and I am happy and blessed to share it with you! Please forgive me for neglecting to send/post these weekly. I will now be posting the updates here on my blog.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Friday night was awesome! I am always so blessed and I know God is smiling down on us like a proud daddy!

For dinner we had delightful veggie burritos made by Jen's friend, Rebecca. Also to fill our bellies, fresh juicy kiwi and pineapple, a great green bean casserole, a very delicious chicken pasta salad, a scrumptious sweet potato pie with home made whipped cream, and wonderful drinks to top it off.

D visited again and brought along a flyer for a craft bazaar she will be attending next Friday, we will miss her but wish her great success. S came tonight as well. The thing with S, she really does liven up the room as soon as she enters it. To see that bright beautiful smile is enough to remind you of the reason that SC exists. S also brought along some of her poetry to share, amazing! I heard talk of a poetry reading night!!

It was brought up last night, that some are noticing barriers being lowered and trust being built up among our guest. Our guests are feeling more comfortable and more able to be themselves, without worrying of judgment or disapproval. SC is truly a place where women (volunteers and guests) can come and relax and be taken care of.

My prayer this week for SC is that we continue to build trust among our guest and that our love, God's love, sparks revolution in the community.

Praise God and God bless,

Misty, volunteer

No comments: