Sunday, November 23, 2008

My birthday in Swiss winter wonderland


I'm in Switzerland for a long weekend. I'm staying at the L'Abri in a tiny village in the Alps called Huemoz. I'm gonna attach a photo of my surroundings here in the Swiss Alps. It's breathtaking! It started snowing my first night here and has only stopped for a few hours at a time here and there. Beautiful! Do I have to return to flat Holland?

Today's my 29th birthday. It's strange spending my birthday in a foreign country around a bunch of people I don't know. They've been really nice though. I debated telling them about my b-day and ended up telling a few folks. Several have remembered and said happy birthday, and this guy from Seattle named Jim even sang "happy birthday" to me, adding "diamonds" to my name for whatever sweet reason. Kind soul.

I'll be spending Thanksgiving amongst some fellow American friends at the Dutch L'Abri. It should be a lovely time with warm surroundings, kind spirits and great food! Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: