Monday, September 15, 2008

A place of my own

I spent the weekend at L'Abri, a Christian study center/ communal living home out in the countryside of central Holland. I was there (mostly) to visit my dear friend Kara (from Portland) before she returns to the U.S. We hadn't seen each other in months, and it was so nourishing to my soul to spend a few days with her. Not to mention the tranquil, encouraging environment that is Dutch L'Abri.

The other morning just after breakfast, Kara told me she'd had a dream about me the night before.

She dreamt we were in New York City with some friends. I had been away from the group for a bit, exploring the city on my own. When we reconnected, I excitedly told them about how I had met a very nice woman on the street. The women and I got along quite well, and she wanted to give me something...my very own place in New York City. It was a special location, a place just for me.

At that point, Kara had me very curious about this special place. Kara went on to tell me that my special place, given to me by the woman on the street, was none other than the Statue of Liberty! Wow, how poignant to where I’m at in my life, wanting to help women and girls find freedom from captivity in the sex slavery.

No comments: