Wednesday, September 24, 2008

He Fills our Hearts to Overflowing

Check out this email correspondence that was passed among us Scarlet Cord leaders today…

Jen:
Two of our Scarlet Cord volunteers (newfound friends) were at my house this evening for the Naked Lady Party. I almost cried when someone asked them to describe Scarlet Cord. They were eloquent and described it exactly how I would have. Amazing. I loved being able to keep my mouth shut and hear two of our volunteers/friends get all excited and encourage others to volunteer. Make my heart just melt.

Tiffany:
That is just beautiful Jen! It makes me think of how the Bible describes Jesus' life here on Earth. He disciples, then asks us to disciple. He penetrates our lives and fills our hearts to overflowing. Those we pour into are then filled with his undying love, and they are in turn able to pour into others. God has created a waterfall in Scarlet Cord, first into us as leaders, then into our volunteers, and even further into our friends, families, communities, and the world. Just watch that waterfall flow, pour over and create new waterfalls...until the whole earth is filled with his love!

No comments: