Sunday, August 23, 2009

Scarlet Cord Friday Night Update, Aug 14


Hello to all,

It was a beautiful Friday evening and I was full of confidence that it was going to be another amazing night! The volunteers for the evening were Cindy, Sandy, Vania, and Muna. As Sandy does every week she brought in delicious bread from Panera Bakery-thank you!

The meal was provided by our wonder women (as Raelene has appropriately named them) Carol, Caroline and Arlene-I should credit the husbands for the grilling also. I just need to take a moment to stop and say how much I appreciate their service to us...it is such a ministry to cook for another and for that matter a whole group. I so look forward to coming in knowing that the food is prepared for us and not only prepared but thoughtfully put together to appeal to the eye as well as the stomacheThe The food was delicious....grilled chicken with Teriaki sauce or Sweet chili sauce from Trader Joe's (thanks for the tip on the sauce by the way-I had to go buy some the next day!), grilled veggie kabobs, rice, and fruit kabobs! For dessert it was homemade cheesecake topped with rasberries....it took me back to my childhood-tasted just like mom's-we all thoroughly enjoyed it!

As our dinner was arriving a car pulled up and I was wondering who could that be....out stepped beautiful Elisa! She brought gifts from her dad that had been saved to pass out to our SC guests! She told us she was headed back to WA to be with her mom for her parents 46th Anniversary. It was so good to see her....please continue to keep her in your thoughts/prayers as she heads back to teaching and life after her dad's tragic passing. We love you sister!

D arrived early and in good spirits. She brought magazine topics and Italian plums from her yard to share. She did express concern over her daughter D who was arrested for theft. As time passed H came! She is learning more and more English! She gladly took some hygiene and clothing items....we gave her a teddy bear and as she held it snuggled in her arms she asked Sandy..."Is this for me!? Thank you...now I have something to hold at night." It just makes me smile to think of it! As we were winding down D & C came in full of hugs and love! C asked for an app for her mom who wants to be a part of SC in every way possible! She is so excited about what we are doing...and I just say thank you again ladies! It is grace and love that we desire to put into the neighborhood and this is one more confirmation that you are putting it out there!


Love to all,
Muna

No comments: