Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Scarlet Cord Friday Night Update, Nov. 28


Hello All,
There was a lack of communication in Scarlet Cord updates in the past few weeks. I did not receive any because they were not written. On behalf of my colleagues, I apologize. Here is the most recent update I have received...and still beautiful things are happening there each Friday night. ~Tiffany
---------------------------

So in thinking about Friday night and the events and conversations that occurred, I count it as one more thing in a line of very special events in my life that are blessings, one after another. I've volunteered around, here and there, and one thing that I shy away from in a volunteer situation is any sort of condescension on the part of volunteers. I love that Scarlet Cord women are SO not like that! Friday nights we get together and yes we give out some realistic aid to women through food, hygiene products and referrals for other services that we don't provide that may be needed. But more importantly, it is a time of making friends, of facing and eating with and talking with other people who are sharing our same needs. I don't know a whole lot about what has happened in the lives of some of the women who come and hang out on Friday's with us. But the most important part that needs to be attended and freely given to is the heart. And that is the same for each woman sitting around the table on Fridays.

It was good to see R, D, and S again, and to eat a DELICIOUS meal of Sandy's "chicken kisses", a fresh green salad, and some good Thanksgiving leftovers. The walkabouts went well, and as I recall Sandy and Sarah noticed quite a bit of foot traffic around 82nd and Powell, which can be covered again in the future.

See you ladies later, and to everyone last Friday thanks for being your beautiful selves.

Esther (SC Volunteer)

No comments: