Thursday, September 17, 2009


Ghaith's interview was today. It went very well, and we were approved!!! If all goes well, we will be on our way home in a few weeks. Praise God for his amazing work in our lives! Thank you all for your prayers. God is so good.

~Tiffany & Ghaith

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

We got a phone call from the U.S. Consulate this morning - it was the same grouchy lady I speak with every time I call there with one of my questions. She knows our case, knows my voice, and now knows me by name. She's never nice, usually rather snippy, and in a hurry to answer my nuisance of questions and end the phone call. That same lady woke me up today with a friendly, chipper "Goodmorning Tiffany, your fiance's case is ready and you can come together for his interview on Thursday." Um...what?? You're being nice to me? And his rescheduled interview date is in just TWO days?

Yeah... God is good! Thank you all for your prayers. Powerful! Now just continue to pray for his interview. It will be at 1:30pm on Thursday the 17th... which will be 4:30am Portland time.

Tiffany & Ghaith

Monday, September 14, 2009

False alarm! Further lab tests this week have shown that Ghaith is perfectly healthy and we have nothing to worry about. Next step, interview with the U.S. Consulate. Woo hoo and praise the Lord!

~Tiffany & Ghaith

Friday, September 11, 2009

We woke up today, excited because it's Friday, which means there's only the weekend between us and Ghaith's interview for his visa. We got some bad news though. Ghaith's blood test for the consulate came back irregular for some reason, so they have to do more tests... which means we have to pay more money, and worse, they've canceled his interview for Monday. We will have to reschedule, but not until the blood tests can prove he doesn't have some serious illness. The doctor says Ghaith is probably fine, but the consulate needs tests to prove it.

Ghaith is pretty upset about this, as am I, and now we are worrying about his health. We are trying to stay calm, and trust the Lord's hand in this situation. The test results should be ready on Tuesday next week, and if they are good, we can reschedule with the consulate. At this point, we don't know how much longer we'll have to wait for a new appointment.

Please be in prayer for us as we wait.